Sunday, March 25, 2012

This weekend..so far..

And so my last weekend as a happy little housewife is halfway over.  I'm actually really excited to start work on Monday, I'm sure I won't be able to fall asleep on Sunday night. On to the weekend so far..

Friday is normally Mike's work from home day but since this was a release weekend he found that it was easier to go into the office for a little bit, and he came home around 3:00. I was elbows deep in clean laundry that was just waiting to be folded, and before I knew it, it was dinner time.  Amanda had texted me a little earlier saying that she and Kevin were thinking of coming by this weekend because they wanted to hit up IKEA for a couple things. As Mike and I sat down for dinner, Amanda texted me and said that she was leaving work and her and Kevin would be on their way! Yay!! I can't get enough of them, even if they were just staying until Saturday afternoon.

Mike had to go into the office for a couple hours today and last night Amanda, Kevin and I all said that since IKEA opened at 10:00 we would leave here at 9:00 to make it there right after opening and try to avoid the weekend crazies.Well..I barely remember Mike saying goodbye in the morning, and when I finally woke up it was 9:30! I ran to wake Amanda up, and we didn't end up getting on the road until about 11:00 lol!  We had to stop for some Dunkin' Donuts, and I'm so glad we did, because I haven't had any since we moved down here.  We made it to IKEA without getting lost time time, and well, I guess I'll let the pictures do the rest of the talking!



 IKEA!! I think I like this one better than the one in New Jersey, but like Mike said, getting to the one in Jersey is a hassle since you usually get stuck in crazy traffic on Rt.17 and by the time you get to the store you're already all frazzled, and then after you're done shopping, you get stuck in more traffic on your way home! This IKEA is just about an hour away, its all highway and its right off the exit! The ride went kind of fast today since we were just talking the whole time.

When we got there, surprisingly enough it wasn't too busy! We were even able to sign up for our IKEA Family memberships, last time the lines at the Kiosks were crazy long. I should have taken more pics, but I didn't know if they would yell at me or not, but I did get these few pics:


This desk, I saw it last time and I fell in love with it for a craft desk, its so roomy and clean looking and the accessories just make it look so much better.



I told them to "act natural" and this is the pic I got, I don't think they heard me but I think it came out pretty good, even though there's a random lady in the back! Amanda says, "What is this stranger doing in my kitchen?!"

LOL..



While Kevin was exploring, Amanda and I sat at the table and were enjoying being surrounded by all the fine housewares. 

You know..no one ever tells you when you're a kid that one day furniture will be more fun than toys.











"Why yes, Kevin, we will have some more tea.."



Yup, we were having way to much fun, lol!



















After walking around for a few hours, we finally went to the warehouse to pick up our stuff and checked out. I ended up getting a shelf for my craft area, a grill pan, and some jars to hold my craft odds and ends.  On the way home we had a late lunch and about 20 minutes or so after we got in, Mike came home.  We all just hung out for a little bit and played with the kitties before Amanda and Kevin got going.  We had a tornado warning issued for our area, and the skies were looking pretty scary.  Needless to say, Kevin was going to be the one driving back home since it had started to downpour as they left.  The rain didn't last long for us though, about 15 minutes after they left it had already stopped, and luckily, no tornados.

I was so excited to get my shelf up and set up my stuff, but apparently this was more complicated than I thought it would be.  So while I waited for Mike to get off a conference call, I Mod Podged a container for our various living room remotes.


Now they have a home, and hopefully we won't lost them in the couch or where ever else they like to disappear to.


 Now here's Mike, carefully measuring, making sure everything lines up with his pencil marks.  If it was me, I would just make sure the shelf was level, and try to screw in the brackets to the wall.  Apparently I needed to make sure that these were installed on a stud. Yup, I'll leave this one to Mike..


Making his "pilot holes" - again, I would just just screwed it in and hoped for the best lol.




When I showed Mike the bracket, he says to me: "How am I supposed to drill this into the wall?? Who makes a bracket like this?" He thought about it for a bit, and I could tell that he knew it wasn't going to work, but when we get into these situations, we think: WWSD? Yes, What Would Sal Do?

Mike didn't answer my question, and we just tried our best to screw it into the wall at an angle..yup, it didn't work so well, the brackets were all wobbly :(













We ran to Home Depot and to my surprise, they had a better selection of shelves than IKEA! I got a nice big "I told you so" from "Mr. I'm Always Right" and the project was put on hold until tomorrow morning.



So it was a pretty eventful day, it definitely wasn't a normal Saturday but it was nice, because it changed it up a bit.  I'll leave you tonight with a couple of random pics:





I got finally got sick of digging for stuff in the pantry and it getting all messed up so I made a makeshift "drawer" for the stuff in here.



So now if we need to get something from the back, we just pull out the box instead of trying to dig it out.

Everything also has it place here too, all meds are in the front in little sectioned off boxes, teas are behind them and breakfast stuff is on the back right side.





Friday night, I made pork chops with broccoli and mashed potatoes for dinner. It was deelish!



Here's my nifty new grill pan from IKEA, which I'm pretty excited about so now we can kinda grill steaks and salmon and chicken...yum, I'm getting hungry just thinking about it!







And finally, we had made a trip to Best Buy, and then Barnes and Noble.  I saw this book and I had to pick it up! If I wasn't a cat lady before, I think this seals the deal lol.











Good night!

<3  J

0 comments:

Post a Comment