Thursday, March 15, 2012

Happy Anniversary!

It's after midnight so its officially our 2 month anniversary of living in North Carolina. It's hard to believe that its already been 2 months, it feels like its been a lot longer, but maybe that's because I've been off this whole time (I'm sure if you ask Mike he'll say that its flown by).

It's so weird because just today I was thinking how I've been getting so much more accomplished in the last 2 weeks or so than when we first moved in, but really I've been productive the whole time its just been mostly with unpacking and the daily housework.  Now that pretty much everything is in its place I can get to the fun stuff like crafting, baking, and organizing (never thought I would consider that fun), and I also think that I feel like that because I know I only have a week and a half left before I resign from being a full time housewife to a working woman once again.

So yesterday I figured that I would finally get around to sending out our moving/change of address announcements. I really should have had these done over 2 months ago when we were still living in Monroe but in true Jess fashion I procrastinated til the very end. Actually that's a lie because right before we moved down I had messed around in MS Publisher and made an announcement but when I went to print it out it looked all grainy and I just wasn't satisfied, so that was the.end of that til now. I tried though...does that count?

I spent pretty much all day today working on our announcements and I have to say that I surprised myself. They came out a lot better than I thought they would. I was so happy with the way they looked that I was like why wait, might as well start stuffing envelopes! I got 5 announcements in when I realized, I forgot to put our names on them :(.  I was so tempted to scrap everything and start over again but I couldn't just throw out all that paper, not to mention what a waste of.ink and time that would have been. I debated on what to do, Amanda, Mike and Mom were like its not that big a deal, the envelope has our name on it, but who keeps envelopes?
 
An hour later, I finally came up with something. You know how Hallmark cards have the logo on the back? Well, I figured I could do something like that. I had some bought some labels that were $2.00 at Office Depot earlier so I was like hmm..I typed up a label with our names and 2012 and a heart and stuck it on the back. Problem solved! So now I'm not sure if I'll get them all done and addressed and what not before the mail tomorrow considering that I have to go to the post office because the only stamps I have are Christmas themed..haha. If I get half of them out I'll be happy, and I'm pretty sure I'll be able to do at least that.

Alright well, I'll post pics tomorrow of the announcement and a bunch of other stuff I've been saving up too. Good night!

<3  J

0 comments:

Post a Comment