Tuesday, March 20, 2012

St. Patty's Day Weekend

So this weekend I totally forgot it was St. Patty's Day, and I didn't think that it was a big "shopping" holiday, and maybe its not, but the two stores I hit up this weekend were crazy busy!

I had some stuff to return to Michaels and to Kohls but I never leave there empty handed so my first stop was Kohls.  Mike came with me and he had a gift card from Christmas to use so as usual he caught some pretty awesome deals there. I on the other hand, returned three shirts, and walked out with a fabulous pair of Rock & Republic blue suede pumps and a cute sun dress for one of the weddings that I'm going to this summer.



Since my new job at Pepsi is a desk job, I think I'll be able to rock these no problem!

I didn't get any pics of the sun dress because I feel like those kind of pics just never come out right.  I'm sure I'll have pics up after the wedding in May.




After Kohls, I just had to "quickly" run in and return one thing at Michaels but like I said, I never leave there empty handed and so I was inspired by Amanda's living room wall decor once again and I picked up some small 6x8 canvases. I was going to attempt a "paint chip" project I had seen on Pinterest, but instead of paint chips I used my cardstock.  I decided to punch hearts out of blue and purple paper for what I've heard called an hombre look, basically its a color gradient and mine went from dark to light to dark again.






I worked on it for most of the day on Saturday until my eyes started going a little crazy and I got three and a half of the small canvases done.  It doesn't seem like a lot but it took forever to punch all the hearts, and stick them to the canvas, and make sure they were all even. Maybe I'll make it a goal to finish this before Monday because I know that if I don't, I probably won't finish it and I've been on a roll with projects lately.
Check out one of the purple boards that I finished.












Oh, and I can't forget about my quality control department! This is Chester's spot when I'm sitting at my craft desk. Isn't he a cutie :)  This was on Sunday, the after him and Bella got a bath, so he was all nice and clean smelling.







Once this project is all done, I'm thinking of putting them in our bedroom over our bed next to our framed wedding pic and if it doesn't look good there, then maybe they'll go in the guest room once it's all set up.

I think that's it for tonight, I'm super beat and I found out the hard way this weekend that I can't handle staying up past 2am anymore.  I felt like I had a hangover on Sunday and I didn't even drink! So I better get to bed!  Good night!

<3  J





0 comments:

Post a Comment