Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Closet - Complete!



What a busy couple days! I'll have to break out the past couple days into a few posts so lets start with my closet project.

So two Fridays ago I decided to re-organize my closet because that Saturday Amanda and I were going to hit up IKEA and I figured it would be a good chance to get some stuff to help with the organization. After spending a good two hours there and of course spending more than we should have, the only thing I got for the closet were a couple of the "Skubb" shoe organizers. I thought that I would get the closet done that weekend, but that just wasn't happening especially since I decided to take every bit of clothing that Mike and I own and re-fold/re-hang them.  It actually worked out really well and we ended up giving away a huge box of clothes so that's always good.  Finally, this past Saturday I finished the closet and I have to say that once again I have impressed myself and it looks a lot better than I thought it would. So here are the before and after pics:









It hurts my eyes! It was so cluttered, stuff was just thrown on the shelves and for some of the stuff we didn't even get to take out of boxes as you can see (or maybe not see). Aside from it being an eyesore, it was just a waste of a big, beautiful closet!















Oh, and just so you have an idea of what I was working with, because there was more than just the clothes that were hung up. Here's a pic of what the bed looked like...with only my clothes!





Yup, I guess that's why it took me just about a week to sort it all out. Any who, check out the after pics:








     
Isn't it beautiful! I put jeans, sweatshirts and sweaters on top of where our clothes are hung.  On the back wall, I have my handbags on the left and some of Mike's shorts.  Our hope chest is in the middle where it just looks so much better compared to being off to the side and that's filled with beach towels and linens.  All of Mike's shoes fit on the IKEA organizer and mine, well of course they didn't fit so I have most of my pumps in the organizer, overflow on the floor and then there is a box of shoes that I don't wear too often that you can kind of see to the left of the chest.  Oh and we finally hung up our mirror!

Just so you can see it side by side again and because I'm just in awe of my newly cleaned and organized closet here you go:


                                    Before                                                                           After



I have six days left before I start work, I'm going to try and tackle one more organizing project before then, lets see if I can do it!

<3  J




0 comments:

Post a Comment