Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Jess? Organized?

I have never and I mean never been an organized person, my room when I lived at home was always a disaster, I just could never get it clean. So when we moved down to North Carolina, Mike and I agreed that I would have to make an effort to change and keep our apartment clean. I kept saying that I would change but I don't think Mike or anyone would believe it until they saw it.

Not having a job when we first moved down here freaked me out at first.  I was worried about money mostly, and also I knew that I couldn't just loaf around all day long while Mike was at work. I mean, the guest room was still full of boxes that needed to be sorted and unpacked, and as much as I wanted to do nothing for the first time ever, it just didn't feel right. 

Right around the beginning of Fall (I think) I had stumbled upon this little website called Pinterest, it was an instant obsession, but that's another story for another day! I mention Pinterest because now that I had all this free time, all this extra living and storage space I knew I was able to do some of the projects I had seen online. It took a few weeks to get fully unpacked to the point where I could actually begin organizing and I really had no idea where I would begin.  I scoured Pinterest for organizing ideas and maybe it's just me because I was never into organizing, but it seems like being super super organized is the thing right now. 

My first organizing project was the linen "closet" it really just needed some straightening out and I'll post pics later on but once I saw how nice all my towels and bed sheets looked I was hooked. I was on a mission to organize everything!  I have to say that my favorite organizing site is iheartorganizing.blogspot.com, I am so motivated after seeing some of the projects on there and seeing how organized her house is, well it's just amazing!  So now that you have some background, when I post pics of stuff I've organized you'll understand why it's such a big deal for me (I'll have to find an old pic of my room just to show you the craziness).

Well, this has turned into another novel of a post! I have some pics to share so keep an eye on my next post for those.

<3  J


0 comments:

Post a Comment